Monday, September 11, 2006

Switchin' Seasons


It's been feelin' like fall and campin' time, so I thought I'd post 3 or 4 pics that remind me of what I've been missing this year. The colors are already goin' off in the mt's, ~a week away from peaking. Storms are already rolling through the valleys and leaving snow in the peaks.

Being back in school at CU is fantastic, but it sure gets in the way of what's important -bein' outside! (jk... but seriously;) Last 2 falls we've backpacked 8 miles into a certain unmentionable hotspring that, according to my watch, is 102-106 degrees.. at 11,200 feet, with 13er's and 14er's towering above! It's an alpine Shangri-la, but it doesn't look like I'm going to get up there this year. Nuka probably couldn't make it in now anyways. It seems 3-4 miles is all he's up for these days unless I set up an aspirin IV.

It could be September, 6 months a year, and I'd be happy.. especially if the other 6 were all powder days and high water for 'yakin..













0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home