Friday, September 01, 2006

06 Ultra 100



This should've been the first post I created b/c it happened a couple weeks ago; I did the Ultra 100 mt bike race in Beaver Creek this season and last. They had been the first times I've raced a bike in a number of years. Last year I got 13th in the 100k race on my 32 lb Cannondale clunker and this year I was determined to do better, which I did! 5th place overall, and 2nd in the expert/pro division..The new pimp rig from Titus helped alot..plus I trained my ass off.. but there's still room to get faster. I think next year I'll dust off the cleats and do a few more races..



The top pic is one my most excellent support crewmember, Elizabeth "the hammer" Pike took as I rounded the last corner of the 3 lap race.. I did the photoshoppin'

The rest are good friends from Vail.. Ben, my old roomate, and I chattin' during a brief moment when there weren't throngs of women hanging around Ben; Jake and Linda Wells ( Jake tore up the 100 mile race with a 4th place overall as a pro) and the last pic is Matti and Dougy-fresh doin' the chip exchange, who did the 100 mile as a team.. they did pretty well too..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home